As an adjunct professor, this subject is near and dear to my heart. Higher education is in a crisis because there are not enough Ph.D’s in the country to support the growing number of students enrolling in college. The Educators Academy stresses the need for qualified professionals to transition into teaching our next generation of PR professionals. Without qualified professionals to teach the next wave of professionals, our industry will be in a crisis.
Key take-aways from this session:
- Depending upon the college/university, a PhD may not need to be required to teach. A Master Degree, APR and/or years of experience may be all that is needed. Call your local college/university department chairs to inquire about guest lecturer or teaching needs.
- Teaching is not a highly paid job, but rewards are numerous.
- Love of academia – Be a perpetual student.
- Make a difference in student’s lives.
- Answer a calling to make the world a better place one student at a time.
- Teaching Resources:
For coverage on the PRSA 2008 International Conference: The Point of Connection, visit www.prsa.org/conf2008.