Punch lines, one liners, tweetable inspirations — all speakers have them. Here are some of my favorite quotes from this year’s PRSA International Conference.
- “If you want to catch a fish, you need to think like a fish. Use the bait fish like, not the bait you like. If you want to engage a reader, you need to think like a reader. Use the content your readers will like, not the content you like.” – Ann Wylie
- “A loyal Fan trumps a neutral party.” – Chris Brogan
- “Stories are more than compelling facts. People remember stories more than they remember statistics.” – Soledad O’Brien
- “Business is about belonging, which means inclusion is the new black.” – Chris Brogan
- “You need to write for humans, not for Google.” – Ann Wylie
- “Website is home base. Facebook should never be home base. You are a visitor to Facebook.” – Chris Brogan
- “Nobody wants a quarter-inch drill. They want a quarter-inch hole. Stop selling the drill and start selling the hole.” – Ann Wylie
- “The future of your business should not be about technology. It should be about the people.” – Geno Church
- “Cultivate visibility because attention is currency.” – Chris Brogan
- “You don’t target your audience, you channel your audience.” – Geno Church
Which quotes do you remember from the Conference or from reading the #prsaicon Twitter stream? Which ones are worthy of printing out and putting up in your office? Share your favorites here.
Ashley Walters, APR, Word-of-Mouth Marketing Manager for Empower MediaMarketing, oversees influencer marketing for clients across multiple categories and is a board member for Cincinnati’s PRSA Chapter. Contact her on Twitter and LinkedIn.