I look forward to hosting the free PRSA webinar next week “Fact Based Leadership” This case study won the prestigious Jack Felton Golden Ruler Award for excellence in public relations research, measurement and evaluation last year. This award’s primary objective is to identify superb examples of research used to support public relations practice, and to publish these as case studies on the Institute for Public Relations website — in this creative and more unusual entry we found a gem.
Employee Communications's tag archives
Tags: Employee Communications, measurement, Measurement, Research & Evaluation, Professional Development & Training, webinar
Helen Wagner, manager of public relations for 3M, in Minnesota, talks about how 3M executes campaigns on a global scale.
Some of the takeaways from this session:
- Truly global launches are rare
- Regional and country launches, grown organically, are more common
- Give your staff in other countries the creative freedom to innovate, give up some of the control, not all of the programs should be US centric or controlled
- Think more about long-range programs that build over time. One example is 3Ms Most Gifted Wrapper program for Scotch tape
- Take a program and replicate (not duplicate) a campaign started in one country to another country
- You can fund a global launch by reallocating existing PR budgets
Constraints in Global Marketing
When considering public relations programs in multiple markets, the communication team needs to consider three realities:
- Political: Type of government, political ideologies, activism
- Economic: Class structure, poverty, literacy rates, legal system
- Social: Value system, cultural influences, gender based roles, respect to authority
One of the most interesting part of the session concerned the freedom of the press around the world and how that impacts the public relations function in global companies. She shared some resources offered by Freedom House, an organization dedicated to freedom around the world. According its statistics of freedom of the press around the world:
Tags: campaign globally, Employee Communications, global marketing, Social Media
Subscribe to the PRSA blog.
PRSA on Twitter
- Confused About How to Tie PR Outputs to Organizational Outcomes? Consider the AMEC Framework!
- Webinar Recap: Going Beyond the Press Kit to Engage Influencers
- My Journey to APR: The “Self-Study” Edition
- How Charles Ramsey, The NFL Draft And A Presidential Election Can Help You Land Your Next Big Media Hit
- APR Goal: Inspire Lifelong Learning
Powered by WordPress 3.4.1
Box-Tube Box Modulize WordPress Theme By Dezzain Studio