Billed as a PRSA Master Class, the Social Media Measurement: Establishing ROI presentation did not disappoint. This presentation was absolutely bursting at the seams with nuggets and valuable insights, if you can type or write quickly enough to get them all down. This stands in stark contrast to many introductory-level social media talks that often claim to offer more than the most obvious of observations, yet fail to deliver. If guilty of anything, Ms. Paine was guilty of fire hosery — sharing so much good information that the time alotted simply wasn’t enough to take it all in. (And I mean that in the nicest possible way.)
social media ROI's tag archives
Tags: public+relations+roi, ROI measurement, social media ROI, social+media+measuremnent, social+media+metrics
Dan Zarrella drills down on the science of retweets
How do you create a message that goes viral on Twitter?
Just ask Dan Zarrella. The HubSpot viral marketing scientist spent nine months analyzing five million tweets and 40 million retweets to find what makes some messages travel the world while others just stay home on the couch.
In his new report, “The Science of Retweets,” he shares these tips:
- Make it all about me. The most retweeted words in the English language, according to Zarrella’s research: “You.”
Katie Delahaye Paine, cheif executive officer, KDPaine & Partners, opened up the session by giving an overview of 21st century public relations measurement. Paine stressed, data is what you need to keep your job. You become what you measure.
Key take-aways from this session:
- Outputs: time on site, repeat visits, forwards, links and comments
- Outtakes: relationships, tone/content of conversation and membership
- Outcomes: click thus, donations/orders and signups
- The measurement engagement consists of conversation index, relationship studies and engagement index. Measure the interaction.
- There are 27 types of conversation.
- The Seven Steps of Social Media ROI:
- Define the ‘R’ – What are the expected results?
- Define the ‘I’ – What is the investment?
- Understand your audiences and what motivates them.
- Define the metrics.
- Determine what you are benchmarking against.
- Pick a tool and undertake research.
- Analyze results and glean insight, take action and measure again.
Tags: engagement, measurement, social media ROI
Subscribe to the PRSA blog.
PRSA on Twitter
Powered by WordPress 3.4.1
Box-Tube Box Modulize WordPress Theme By Dezzain Studio