- Resume: Create a simple one that could be easily modified.
- Prepare samples: Have them ready to send by email or bring with you on disk or flash drive.
- Prepare cover letters: Proofread carefully when sending so as to match content with receiver.
- References: Figure out who your references will be and let them know you’ll be using them.
Keep it Going
- Begin building your own personal brand by jazzing up your profiles, tweeting and participating in online discussions.
- Check PRSA Jobcenter regularly, as well as other job sites.
- Contact public relations recruiters.
- Attend PRSA conferences and other trade events. Talk to people and make friends.
- Get your first and second interview wardrobe ready.
- Drill answering tough interview questions with your friends.
Prepare for Your Interview