I began the Accreditation process after having acquired 10 years of experience in public relations. Moreover, my public relations training came about largely via an apprenticeship. Like many a practitioner, I entered public relations after a successful career as a print journalist and joined an up-and-coming agency in the Detroit (Mich.) area. After making the transition, I found that many of the core values that guided me as a reporter and editor served me well as a public relations counselor and media relations manager. However, public relations is about much more than being just a “journalist in residence,” as one author described it.
journalism's tag archives
Politico’s Chief Political Columnist and Health Academy Conference Keynote Roger Simon sits down with Health Academy’s Joyce Lofstrom, APR, to discuss a variety of issues, from what it’s like to interview President Obama in the Oval Office to how communicators can help shape the ongoing discussion on health care reform.
Tags: government relations, health academy, health care, journalism, joyce lofstrom, politics, professional interest section, prsa health academy conference, public affairs, roger simon
Subscribe to the PRSA blog.
PRSA on Twitter
- A New PR Boom at Demand Success
- The Process I Followed To Pass! Public Relations Accreditation Month
- Eli Lilly, Novartis, FDA, the National Health Council and Top Advocacy Groups Discuss Tectonic Shifts in Patient Communications
- All That We Share: PRSA PRIME Research Strategic Corporate Communications and Research Conference
- I Got My APR, and You Can Too! Public Relations Accreditation Month
Powered by WordPress 3.4.1
Box-Tube Box Modulize WordPress Theme By Dezzain Studio